At Faith Bible Church, we strive to model Philippians 1:27 which states, “Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;”
In addition to this, we exist…
- To edify Christians through preaching and teaching the whole counsel of God – II Timothy 4:2; Acts 2:42; 20:27; Ephesians 4:12; 3:8
- To promote fellowship among believers – Matthew 28:20; John 17:24
- To promote the worship of God – Ephesians 1:3-14; I Peter 2:5-10
- To encourage prayer – Acts 2:42
- To administer the church ordinances of Baptism and the Lord’s Supper – Romans 6:3,4; I Corinthians 11:23-26
- To earnestly contend for the faith once delivered to the saints – Jude 3
- To fulfill the Great Commission as given in Matthew 28:18-20; Acts 1:8; Mark 16:15
Pastor Madrid will tell you…
We simply want to glorify God. One of the ways in which we can do this is by taking great priority in taking time to sit at Jesus’ feet. As we spend time getting to know God through fellowship, He will lead us to the right service in which He directs.
Any church that would desire to be used the way in which God intended would certainly work very hard to try to model the first church in the book of Acts. At Faith Bible Church, our desire is to be the kind of church that God designed in the first century. In light of this, our desire together, is to focus on the preaching of God’s Word, the Fellowship with other believers, prayer, and the studying of God’s Word. We also believe that it is very important to make sure that our lives are complimenting the gospel of Christ. We strive to do this through steadfastness, single-mindedness, unity, and striving together as a tight knit family to please our Lord.